Sunday, October 30, 2011

This day 26 Years Ago

This day 26 years ago I was diagnosed with CF. I was 6 months old, rapidly losing weight, and rapidly using nappies because nobody knew what I had. I couldn't digest food naturally, hence the weight loss and mountains of nappies. The height would rival Everest.
Because it was Halloween, my mam was out the back garden, making Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles costumes for my brothers, Ian and Darren. Making them with tears flowing down her face. I could only imagine what was going through their heads.
My parents had no clue what CF was. All they knew is that I had a small possibility that I was going to make it past 10. That was the polite way of saying he will die before he's 10.
You would think I would celebrate such an occasion. Well after massaging 7 hours at the Dublin Marathon Expo, and the same the day before, I'm having a roast, a bath, and bed. I will celebrate it tomorrow, because myself and Yas are 5 years together. Anniversaries all over the place this week!!!!

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment