Thursday, September 3, 2015

It Is Not Inevitable



I don't like saying that it is inevitable that I got sick. I suppose everyone gets sick, but i refuse to say it is inevitable as I feel it is giving in to CF.

What's wrong with me? Leading up to the final of the World Championships in Beijing, I started to feel as I ran a really hard run and my chest was burning. I listened to my body and I didn't train. I went back on Symbicort to try reduce any inflammation that was there. The day after the final, I got gradually worse. I wasn't feeling sick. I just felt like my lungs were on fire. I ended coughing up blood about an hour before my flight from Beijing to Algeria. I was determined to get the hell home. I got on the plane, took a Melatonin and I slept for 14 hours. When I got to Algeria, I was looking for my inhaler, with no avail. So I acupunctured myself, ordered green tea with mint, and went to a steam room in the hotel. I meditated using diaphragmatic breathing. All this helped. I was looking at the Fluclox and Cyprox that i brought with me. I logically thought about it. I didnt have a sign of an infection. I just had an inflamed chest. Like an asthmatic attack. I won't blame the pollution in Beijing as there wasn't much of it. It was like any other city. However, the Air Con in the hotel was always on when i was having my breakfast, lunch and dinner. Actually, when I had a plate of hot food, within 5 minutes, it was cold. Thats how cold they had the AC. I never have the AC on in my room as its the devil. Unless I am uncontrollably hot, i turn it on for 5 minutes. Feeling hot inside is a symptom that you aren't functioning properly. You aren't hydrated or you are eating to many inflammatory foods. For example, sugar or alcohol.
I also think that I was running on adrenalin for about 2-3 weeks prior to my symptom. Once the final was over, my body had a chance to settle and boom!!! The chest went kaput.

Anyway, I didn't take an antibiotic and asked my Mam to bring steroids to the airport for when she collected me. A strange request but I felt I needed them. I can't remember the last time I was on an anti biotic and the last time i was on steroids was 5 years ago when i got a huge allergic reaction to aspergillus in a forest.

I don't know if I'm alone, but i LOVE steroids. The first day is the best. 6 tablets and within 10 minutes you are so relaxed. If I could i would take more! Its good the pharmacist gives you the correct dose, and not a few more for good luck! Im on my second day of them and I can feel I am bouncing back. I feel like I need to train now. I am looking forward to heading back out on a run and doing some yoga. Right now, i can't run up the stairs.
I try do everything naturally as well. So making teas and eating pineapple which has an enzyme called Bromulin. It helps reduce inflammation.

The tea I make is as follows;

  • 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon of green tea leaves
  • 4 peppercorns
  • 1 cardamon pod
  • Organic honey. I use honey that is unfused with thyme and mint.
  • Fill up with about 400ml of boiling water and leave for 10 minutes





Here's a few pictures of The Birds Nest Stadium and The Great Wall Of China




#BeatCF

No comments:

Post a Comment