Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Glucose Levels

I have this kit from when I was told I had diabetes, when I actually didn't. For some reason I always check them now and again. More paranoia then anything else. I took me blood glucose levels when I woke up. Actually I woke up and took them about an hour later, which was at 11.
The reason the thought I had diabetes is when I got a blood test, with a non fasting glucose test. So I had my breakfast, a Lucozade and a pack of sweet about 45 minutes before it. I wasn't feeling great either, so when your feeling ill your glucose levels are raised. I got the results back and the levels where 22. What's annoying is that they wouldn't listen to me that I had what I had before the test and also that I wasn't feeling 100%. I think if I had diabetes and my levels where 22 then I probably would be in a diabetic coma. After I told them I didn't have it, they called me naive and "I know it's hard to come to terms with". I asked for that definitive test to see if I had it. 2 weeks later I got a call while I was training in Portugal. "you actually don't have diabetes. Funny story.

No comments:

Post a Comment