Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Like It, Or Lump It

So here we go. Second time composing this post!!!

I will start on my chest. How is it? Well, I ran my longest run in 2 months on Sunday. Roughly 10 miles. Maybe a bit more. For the first 33 mi it's I felt poor, tired and heavy. I remember the time because I looked at my watch thinking we only ran about 20 minutes. After looking at the watch, it seemed to give me a boost because I was 1/2 way through my run. Monday I ran 35 minutes. My aim this week is to run 35 minutes or more. I felt good during this run. Afterward I did a gym session which was around 30 minutes long. Yesterday I ran 38 minutes. I did another weight session after it, but this was concentrated on a different area of the body. Today, I have a day off exercising. Although I'm working nearly 10 hours. So 10 hours of manual labour and standing on my feet becomes like exercise. I have just noticed that this paragraph isn't about my chest at all!!! So, how is my chest? I haven't had a problem with it. The weather has been a bit bi-polar. It was cold and frosty yesterday and warm but damp today. Rapid changes in weather can make me cough a bit but surprisingly, it hasn't had an effect on it. I have kept up taking my pep mask every day. It's not really doing anything for me. I don't get up anything by using it, but maybe it will increase my lung function. Someone asked me what setting I use. I use the brown coloured attachment. This is the highest it can go. I even started to put another attachment onto the "IN" section so that even when I breath in that there is a resistance. It feels like it's harder, but I'm not sure what the Doctors will think about that. Well, I'm not in hospital, so I must be doing something right???!!!
About hospital visits and spending time in hospital. If a CF'er says they are healthy for a CF, is that good enough. In my eyes it's not. I don't understand people when they say I'm a healthy CF person BUT yet they are in hospital several times a year. Parents of CF'ers say "my kid is healthy. They where only in hospital 3 times this year". That isn't healthy. That's sick. No matter how you look at it. Your child is sick. Any time you see a documentary about someone with CF you will always hear them say that they are healthy, but then in the notes at the end of the documentary it says "....has been in hospital undergoing IV treatment".
Anyway. I remember why I started writing this blog. I have been neglecting the reason why I started it. It was to combat the "doom and gloom" surrounding CF. The last few posts, I have basically been giving out about random stuff, and the mentality of SOME people with CF. Although, I also started it to give an insight into what it is like to have and live with CF. This blog has been mostly like a diary. I don't really hold back on my thought on here, and whether you like it or not, I'm being honest in my thoughts. They way I see it is, if you don't like what I say, then don't read it. It's harsh, but it's true. I will, however, write a nice flowery, rainbow type post in the next few days. It will make you want to skip along instead of walk!!!!


































Until then...
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment