Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Zucchini (courgette) Carrot Oatmeal Muffins


As I said I would update the blog once a week with recipes for either hypoglycemia and diabetes (or for anyone really). Here is a recipe for a Zucchini (I'm calling it that because a courgette doesn't sound as appealing) Carrot and Oatmeal Muffins.
Sugar is one of the things I crave. Jellies and Swiss roll mainly. So here is a sweet muffin recipe but its packed with low GI foods. As you can see I've added a sweetener into it instead of sugar.it works just the same.


Zucchini Carrot Oatmeal Muffins
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
 1 1/2 cups Canderel (or other sweetener)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs + 1 large egg white
3/4 cup oil
1 cup grated zuchini
1 cup grated carrot
3/4 cup raisins

1. Preheat oven to 175 celsius (350 F) degrees.

2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and oil. Stir in grated zucchini and carrots. Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined.

3. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full and bake for approx. 20 minutes. They are done when a knife inserted comes out clean, and tops spring back when lightly touched.

I can't take full credit for these. I switched the ingredients around so it would suit my needs better and made them healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment