Friday, September 6, 2013

Race Ruined

Last race I ran was November. What happened the next day? U had a seizure. 
Today I went to a race. Fuelled up to try and toe the line. That didn't happen. My blood sugars were all over the place. 
I had 2 Ensure HP, a yoghurt, 2 cereal bars, a can of Coke and Jelly Tots. While they didn't help and it was less then 10minutes before the race start. I took 2 gels. Gels are what you take during a race. Flavoured gelled sugar is basically what it is. 
Less then two minutes before the race my blood sugars were 6.7. Not even nearly enough to run let alone a hard run.  40 seconds before the race starts and they had gone up to 6.9. 
As pissed off, and frustrated as I was I felt I had to overcome my stubbornness and sit on the sideline. 
I don't really have an answer to what happened. There probably isn't one. Hypoglycemia is predictable most of the time. MOST of the time. But times like this, it's the opposite. 
Push it aside and move on. 

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment