Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Proud Day





In the short space of time that I have been working I have had mostly ups with a few downs. That's why I love it. Yesterday became one of the best and one of the most proudest days I've had in my working career. One of my patients who I started to work with this time last year won the Dublin City Marathon. Sean Hehir in a time of 2.18.21 which was just outside of his personal best, and a good bit outside what he is capable of. What's even more interesting is that he is a primary school teacher in the school I went to in Inchicore!
Along with Sean, I had a lot of other runners running it for their own personal goals. To either break a certain time, to just finish it, or to raise money/awareness for a charity. The texts and Facebook messages I received afterwards was very encouraging and made my day. To think I had made a difference in their goals in the Marathon. Brilliant day! 

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment