Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cough So Hard

So while listening to Kanye and Jay Z song "N!ggas In Paris", there is a line that say "ball so hard....". Every time I heard this line, I change it to "cough so hard". It seems very appropriate for me in the last few days.
With coughing so hard, I'm surprised I haven't coughed up blood yet. I haven't coughed this hard since maybe when I was 15. I'm coughing so hard that my back, my hamstrings and even my calves are sore and tight. I expect my back, but not my bloody legs???

Last Friday I woke up feeling like I needed steroids. I haven't been on them in just over 10 years. So it was a surprise that i felt that I needed them. I had a feeling yesterday that i needed Hypertonic Saline. Hyp Saline makes you cough, but I read a study to say it reduces wheeziness. With that being said, I was a bit nervous about taking it as I felt it would make my chest worse. I haven't taken it since 6 days ago.

I'm happy to say that I have just finished taking it. What is the result of it? I feel much better. I don't have a tightness, and I feel like I can walk a bit now without coughing. So what I'm saying is that you should always listen to you gut feeling. I was right about the steroids amd I'm right with the Hypertonic Saline.

I have been worried about my chest in the last few days. The steroids haven't kicked in fully, and I keep thinking what is next? Is an I.V next, will I have to go into hospital for the first time in my life. I think this is a bit of an extreme idea, and maybe I have a fear about it so it will play on my mind when I can't see any significant improvement with anything I take. However, taking steroids has a side effect of being anxious and also hyper. Im not hyper but i am anxious. So let's keep the fingers crossed that nothing further needs to be done.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment