Thursday, December 6, 2012

Seizure Recovery: taking longer then I expected


It's been just over two weeks since I had the seizure. It's still taking its toll on me. However, it's at the stage where I can do stuff but when I stop, that when I get tired. That's ok for now. I can still run, albeit 20-30 minutes a day but im still keeping the lungs clear.
During the weekend I went for a run stopping and starting, between talking to people and what now, I did 35 minutes in full. On the Sunday I was to run 30 minutes straight. I ended up at 38minutes. When I got home I had to sleep. I made the mistake of going to work that day. When I got home I slept just before dinner and then went back to bed for 13 hours straight.
I woke up yesterday like what I could only imagine what a hangover is like. It could have been too much activity the day beforehand or else I just slept for too long. I didn't run, but I worked for 5 hours in total. That was also a mistake.
Today I had my EEG. Thankfully, I didn't have a seizure due to the strobe lights. So I'm ruling epilepsy out. This leaves the other two options. 1-Salt depletion due to CF. 2-A random seizure. I'm hoping its the salt because I can control that. If its a random seizure then I have no idea what caused it or when it will come again.
So running wise, I play it by ear every day. If I'm very tired, I probably won't run, and if I feel ok I will do 30 minutes max. It's very up and down. It's weird waking up each day and not knowing what I'm doing or how I'm going to feel

No comments:

Post a Comment