Saturday, September 7, 2013

Lung Function Down 10%

Finished work and rushed into Beaumont to try make my appointment. When I arrived I found out that Profs clinic was cancelled for the day due to a seminar/meeting he was at, but they forgot to put my name into the diary, so they didn't know they had to cancel me! I did my PFT (lung function). My first attempt was a pitiful 71%. Second and third attempt was 73%. I didn't think it was going to be that bad. 
Because of my coughing up blood 2 weeks ago, my sugars all over the place and the horrible PFT, I decided to see Prof and take him out of his meeting. I was very grateful for him to see me. 
In 2005 my PFT was 73%. In 2013 my PFT is 73%. I haven't worsened over the 8 years but I wasn't happy. 5 months ago I was up to 83%. We came to the decision to go on Tobi Inhaler, and also some other neb that I have no idea what the name is. I've to take it 2-3 times a day is all I know. 
To conclude the visit, I feel it's more Asthmatic problem rather then a CF problem. The change in weather has annoyed my lungs in the last week. I'm not coughing up mucus, it's just a barking cough. I feel good while running and during the day. My Sats are 97-95 and my pulse is 48bpm. 
I will see how these two Nebs go I will update my results.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with Tobi mate, hope it does the trick for you. Be aware though, it doesn't work for everyone and in some cases (like me) it can actually make your lungs worse.

    ReplyDelete